What is JALC ?
JALC is a non-profit organization for IBCLCs and professionals who protect, promote and support breastfeeding. It was founded in 1999 and certified as a specified non-profit juridical person in 2007 according to the Law to Promote Specified Nonprofit Activities.
JALC membership is open to all those who promote, protect and support breastfeeding, whilst voting members should be IBCLCs.
JALC's activities are:
1) Providing continual education for IBCLCs
2) Supporting IBCLC members to produce articles / provide lectures through peer-review
3) Holding and sponsoring conferences and seminars on breastfeeding
4) Producing and publishing materials on breastfeeding
5) Translating and publishing overseas articles and documents
JALC endorses WHO/UNICEF's "The Ten Steps to Successful Breast- feeding" and complies with the guidelines for health care providers outlined in the International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and subsequent relevant WHA resolutions.
Japanese Association of Lactation Consultants (JALC)